Warehouse Management and Inventory Control
Offer an audio understanding of one of the keys concepts regarding inventory administration in terms of both information and real aspects of control. And set-out the key concepts utilized in warehouse design and administration. And to comprehend the inter-relationship of actual warehousing and inventory administration.
The course is designed to develop a knowledge of exactly how inventory preparation is undertaken for different types of need that occur as a consequence of the character for the business functions that are being supported. It is designed to offer an in-depth understanding of the part and handling of warehouse functions in the real management of inventory for these differing types of demand.
Evaluated discovering results – After the module students is expected to be able to:
- Demonstrate what stock is and in which we find it within the supply string.
- Show the monetary effect of inventory holdings on return on money.
- Demonstrate the sorts of demand patterns common in contemporary intercontinental offer stores.
- Ready proper stock planning designs for varying need habits.
- Demonstrate which inventory preparation tools tend to be deployed for varying need habits.
- Comprehend the part of warehouses and actual inventory holdings inside the supply string.
- Show just how warehouses styles change for varying inventory types and fulfilment roles.
- Be familiar with the key kinds of warehouse administration systems (WMS) made use of today.
- Demonstrate proper approaches to handling workers, systems and processes found in the warehouse purpose.
- Design and show utilizing appropriate warehouse overall performance measurement practices.
comprehension Inventory Management:
- The economic influence of Inventory on total supply chain costs.
- Kinds and sources of inventory.
- The difference between need, supply and forecasts.
- Understanding a few of the main forms of end market need habits.
- Focusing on how stock adds price into business design.
- The offer vs. need conflict.
Managing need and Inventory control practices:
- Using ABC evaluation to know inventory holdings.
- The theory of reliant and independent need.
- Independent profile need administration.
- Employing fixed great deal purchasing systems to manage separate demand items.
- Dependent need.
- Utilizing Manufacturing resource and necessity preparation (MRP & MRP II) to handle reliant demand demands.
- Handling constant need things.
- Just eventually offer concept.
- Womack and Jones – The machines that changed the planet
- Implementing Simply over time Provide.
- Sales & Operations preparing (S&OP) and its particular role in managing inventory.
Approaches for lowering stock in the supply chain:
- Slim Supply theory.
- Alternative ways to inventory decrease.
- Useful procurement facets of stock decrease.
Principles of warehouse administration:
- The part associated with warehouse in offer chain – System Design.
- Warehouse design and design for different services and products and fulfilment functions.
- Centralised stockholding.
- Field & Local stockholding.
- Warehousing for manufacturing – kitting and line feed operations.
- Vendour Managed Stocks.
- Retail replenishment.
- Fulfilment and e-commerce fulfilment.
- Principles of warehouse management.
- Third party and multi-user warehousing.
- Products Handing Equipment (MHE) and automated vs. standard warehouse models.
- Warehouse administration methods (WMS).
- Warehouse protection & Security, including saving dangerous materials.
- Setting-up the warehouse function.
- The software from warehouse to circulation.
Recommended reading because of this Module:
This course will determine and cover in full step-by-step discovering results needed for assessment purposes. You are highly advised to read more in order to augment your understanding and cement your understanding of this course, content, goals, and functions.