Warehousing project report
Once you move, restore, rename, or fail on the data-tier server for Team Foundation host (TFS), you must rebuild the data warehouse and cube to access high-level reports. Additionally, in the event that you move, attach, detach, or delete a group task collection, you need to reconstruct the warehouse and cube.
The data warehouse aggregates all working information, like variation control, work product monitoring, build, and test. The warehouse corresponds into relational database, Tfs_Warehouse, therefore the cube corresponds to Tfs_Analysis, the SQL host testing providers database.
You should not need reconstruct the info warehouse during normal businesses. If you would like invigorate the info warehouse data, it is possible to manually process the warehouse and cube on need. See Manually process the TFS information warehouse and analysis solutions cube. With regards to the number of data in the data warehouse, the rebuild operation may take several hours in order to complete, during which time reports are not readily available.
To rebuild the TFS information warehouse, perform this series of tips:
You really must be a part of the protection teams or have the corresponding permissions:
- sysadmin security group from the server or servers which are operating the instance of SQL Server that hosts the databases for Team Foundation host
- sysadmin protection group from the host for research providers database for Team Foundation
- Tfs_Warehouse relational database and TFSEXECROLE database role
- Team Foundation Administrators security team and also the directors protection team regarding host or servers being operating the management console for Team Foundation
- Your server-level Administer warehouse authorization needs to be set-to enable
- Your View project-level information authorization in the team project should be set to enable to operate and see a written report. Also, you truly must be a part of Browser part in SQL Server Reporting solutions
As well as these permissions, you might need to deal with these needs on a pc that’s running Windows Server 2008 or Microsoft windows Vista:
- To follow along with a command-line process, you might need to open up a heightened Command remind by selecting Start, opening the context selection for Command remind, and choosing Run as administrator.
- To follow a procedure that will require Internet Explorer, you may want to begin it as an administrator by choosing begin, All Programs, starting the framework menu for ie, after which choosing Run as administrator.
- To gain access to Report Manager, reports, or internet sites for Reporting Services, you might need to add these sites into the range of reliable internet sites in ie or begin Internet Explorer as an administrator.
Aided by the rebuild procedure, you re-create both relational database therefore the cube. TFS rebuilds the relational database from operational data stores. After that it re-creates the SQL Server research Services cube and processes the cube to populate it using data from the relational database. If you’d like to rebuild simply the cube, you should use the TFSConfig RebuildWarehouse command-line tool. See RebuildWarehouse Command.
1. Verify that services and application swimming pools tend to be working and therefore TCP/IP is allowed for SQL host
To accomplish the steps in this procedure, the solutions that SQL host needs needs to be running. You stop stating solutions so people do not access reports when you are rebuilding the data warehouse. In addition, for a dual-server implementation, the TCP/IP protocol must certanly be allowed for every single example of a SQL Server database.
Automagically, TCP/IP is handicapped when you install SQL host.
- Log on to the correct host, available Computer Manager, then confirm that solutions and application pools within the next table are working:
Log in to the host that hosts the program Component SQL Host Analysis Solutions – SQL Server Analysis solutions (MSSQLSERVER or TFSInstance) Team Foundation databases – SQL host (MSSQLSERVER or )
– SQL Server Agent (MSSQLSERVER or )
Application level – Microsoft Team Foundation Host Application Pool
- Log on to the server that hosts Reporting providers, and stop the SQL Server Reporting Services (TFSINSTANCE) solution.
2. Reconstruct the information warehouse and restart services
- Under Application Tier>Reporting, choose Start Rebuild.
The Take Offline dialog package opens up.
- Select okay to take the information warehouse and research solutions cube traditional.
The Rebuild the Warehouse and Analysis Services Databases dialog field opens up.
- Pick okay to begin the rebuild process.
When you rebuild the warehouse or cube, TFS executes this sequence of activities:
- Takes the databases traditional.
- Drops the schema for both databases.
- Re-creates the schema both for databases.
- Brings both databases back online.
- Restarts the warehouse adapter tasks.
- Processes the cube according to its regular processing interval.
The rebuild procedure starts very first for warehouse then the cube. The full time that’s needed is to reconstruct the databases is based on the amount of data this is certainly kept in the info warehouse. When the databases happen reconstructed, the jobs for processing the databases tend to be instantly begun.
Note: Even though the warehouse therefore the cube are increasingly being reconstructed, the management console for Team Foundation may stop responding. You will need to invigorate the management system after the warehouse additionally the cube are rebuilt.
- Log on to the server that hosts stating Services, available Computer management, after which begin the SQL Server Reporting Services (TFSINSTANCE) service.